The Nigerian Army (NA) recruitment for both 85 Regular Recruit Intake (RRI) and Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) is ongoing. The management of the Nigerian Army has opened the portal for the 2023/2024 NA recruitment.
Do you want to apply for the Nigerian Army recruitment? Do you also want to know about the Nigerian Army RRI and DSSC recruitment?
This article will show you how to apply for the Nigerian Army RRI and DSSC recruitment.
You will also know about the Nigerian Army recruitment portal, eligibility/requirements, deadline for the online portal, screening centers and dates, and all you need to know about Nigerian Army recruitment 2023/2024.
NB: The Nigerian Army (NA) recruitment is totally free for every Nigerian. Therefore, disregard any organizations or websites demanding money for the job.
Keep checking Recruitgist.Com to get information about the Nigeria Customs shortlisted candidates, training dates as well as allowances.
You can also join our Facebook group to get follow up information about the job and other vacancies via Recruitment Gist.
Online Portal For Nigerian Army Application
Currently, the online portal is open for application.
This also means that the Nigerian Army recruitment 2023/2024 online application is out for the public to apply.
Eligible and interested applicants should apply via www.recruitment.army.mil.ng/darrr.
The Nigerian Army (NA) recruitment 2023/2024 for both 85 Regular Recruit Intake (RRI) and Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) is on the online portal.
Requirements For The Nigerian Army Recruitment
potential recruits for the 2023/2024 Nigerian Army recruitment should meet the following requirements to stand a chance to be selected for the job (Nigerian Army RRI and DSSC requirements):
85 Regular Recruit Intake (RRI) Requirements
- Applicants must be single and Nigerian citizen by birth, and must possess National Identity Card/NIN or BVN.
- You must be medically, physically and psychologically fit in accordance with Nigerian Army Standards.
- Applicants must be free of any criminal conviction by the court of law.
- Applicants must possess a valid birth certificate/age declaration endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council.
- You must possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
- Applicants must not be less than 1.68 metres and 1.65 metres tall for male and female candidates respectively.
- An applicant must not be less than 18 years or more than 22 years for non-trades men/women, while trades men/women must not be more than 26 years as at 31 April 2023.
- All applicants must possess at least a minimum of 4 passes in not more than two sittings in WASCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB.
Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Requirements
- Be a Nigerian as defined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Be a male or female between the ages of 20 and 30 years. Medical consultants could be between 25 – 40 years of age by May 2023.
- Be medically, mentally and physically fit according to NA standards.
- Be recommended and attested to his/her good character by at least 2 recognizable referees who are either a Local Government Chairman/Secretary or an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the applicant’s state of origin. Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
- Applicants must submit a letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
- Measure in height at least 1.68m (for males) and 1.65m (for females).
- You should not be convicted by any court of law. Military personnel applying must be free from any disciplinary case and endorsed by the applicant’s Commanding Officer/Commander.
- Possess at least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND (where applicable) of not less than Lower Credit from any accredited institution of learning.
- Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council or valid age declaration.
Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
- Applicants must possess NYSC discharge certificate or valid exemption certificate as appropriate.
- Graduates with professional qualifications must be duly registered by relevant regulating bodies recognized by Nigerian Laws at the commencement of cadet training.
- Only post secondary academic credentials obtained from 2013 to date will be considered.
- Applicants must present valid contact addresses and telephone numbers of parents/guardians and Next of Kin as appropriate.
- Candidates must not have any bodily inscriptions or tattoos.
- Candidates must tender all original copies of educational certificates (primary to post secondary).
- Service personnel must present valid military identity cards and letters of recommendations by their Commanding Officers/Commanders. They must also present valid letter(s) of their respective Service sponsorship to tertiary academic institutions (where applicable). Additionally, they must have served for a period of not less than 5 years in the unit.
- Candidates must not belong to any cult/society/fraternity.
- Candidates with ability to swim will have added advantage.
Deadline For Nigerian Army Online Application Form (RRI and DSSC)
Currently, the Nigerian Army has fix the deadline for the 2023/2024 online recruitment application.
This means that the Nigerian Army recruitment for RRI and DSSC category is out. Submit your application on or before the stated deadline.
85 Regular Recruit Intake (RRI) Application Deadline
The deadline for the 2023 Nigerian Army RRI Recruitment is currently out.
This means that the official deadline for the submission of online application for the 85 Regular Recruit Intake has been release by the force.
The management of Nigerian Army has set 13 March to 14 April 2023 as the official deadline for the 2023 online recruitment application.
Applicants should submit their applications on or before the deadline to stand a chance of being selected for the job.
Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Application Deadline
The deadline for the 2023 Nigerian Army DSSC online Recruitment is currently out.
This means that the official deadline for the submission of online application for the Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) has been release by the force.
The Nigerian Army has set 31 January to 14 March 2023 2023 as the official deadline for the 2023 online recruitment exercise.
Applicants should submit their applications on or before the above deadline to stand a chance to be selected.
Nigerian Army (NA) screening Dates 2023/2024
The screening date for the Nigerian Army shortlisted candidates is officially out.
This means that the management of the Nigerian Army have release the current screening date for all shortlisted candidate.
Therefore, shortlisted candidates are to report to their in their respective venues for the screening exercise from 2 to 17 May 2023.
In other words, Nigerian Army recruitment 2023/2024 screening exercise will star on 2 May and end on 17 May 2023. Shortlisted candidates are to take note of their date in other not to miss the screening.
Nigerian Army (NA) screening Centers 2023/2024
The official Center for the screening and training of shortlisted candidates for the 2023/2024 Nigerian Army recruitment is currently out.
However, the 2023/2024 Nigerian Army screening exercise will hold in the 36 state and the Federal Capital Territory.
Therefore, all shortlisted candidates are to report to their respective state of origin for the screening.
Below are the venue for the NA screening:
|3.||Akwa Ibom State|
|9.||Cross River State|
|37.||Federal Capital Territory|
Corps And Services Under Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC)
Below are the Corps and Services available for DSSC officers:
a) Nigeria Army Medical Corps
All applicants for the Nigeria Army (NA) Medical Corps are to present proof of registration with their professional regulatory bodies and current practicing licenses. Other requirements are as follows:
- Medical Consultants Of Various Discipline
Applicants could belong to fields of specialization such as;
- General Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- ENT Surgery
- Physicians (Cardiologists, Endocrinologist, Nephrologists and Neurologists)
- Ophthalmologists as well as Obstetrics and Gynaecologists
- Pediatricians and Family Medicine Physicians.
Applicants must also satisfy the following criteria:
- Must be Fellow of the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria or equivalent Postgraduate Medical College.
- Not be more than 40 years of age by May 2023.
- Must have full registration of Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN) for the undergraduate degree and additional qualification/registration as appropriate.
- Must have current MDCN license to practice as specialists.
Medical Doctor (Non Consultant):
Applicants must possess MBBS/BDS or equivalent with not more than 5 years post – qualification experience and must be fully registered with the MDCN.
- Dietitian/Nutritionist: Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) and must be fully registered with relevant professional bodies.
- Dental Surgeons: Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree and must be fully registered with relevant professional bodies.
- Pharmacists: Applicants must possess Bachelor of Pharmacy and must be fully registered with the Pharmacist Council of Nigeria.
- Nurses: Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) Degree in Pediatrics or Nephrology or they must be in one of the following categories:
- Registered or Psychiatric Nurses (with BSc Second Class Lower Degree) fully registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria.
- Medical Laboratory Scientists: Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in Medical Laboratory Science and must be fully registered with the Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria.
- Speech Therapists: Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree in Speech Therapy and must be fully registered with relevant professional bodies.
- Occupational Therapist: Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree in Occupational Therapy and must be fully registered with relevant professional bodies.
b) Nigerian Army Band Corps
Applicants must possess a minimum of BA (Second Class Lower) degree or HND Lower Credit or equivalent in Music with Associate of Royal Academy of Music (ARAM) and Associate of Royal College of Music (ARCM).
c) Directorate Of Legal Services
Applicants must possess LLB (Hons) from a recognized institution. In addition, applicants must have been called to the bar from Nigerian Law School. A minimum of 2 years post law School legal practice is required and applicants must present evidence of such.
d) Directorate Of Islamic Affairs
Applicants must possess a minimum of BA, B Ed (Second Class Lower) degree in any of the following areas:
- Hadith and Islamic Studies
- Tafseer (Exegesis) and Qur’anic Science
- Hadith Sciences
- Islamic Theology and Hadith
- Islamic Propagation and Religious Studies
- Qur’an and Islamic Studies from recognized Nigerian universities, Azhar University, Cairo or Saudi University.
Each applicant would be required to produce testimony of excellent character from a reputable Islamic religious organization in Nigeria. Applicants must be able to speak Arabic and English languages.
e) Directorate Of Chaplain Services (Protestant)
- Applicants must possess minimum of BA (Second Class Lower) degree in Divinity Theology from any of the seminaries/universities recognized by the Nigerian Army (NA) Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant).
- You must belong to one of the 18 major denominations of the protestant faith. Soldier applicants must have served the Nigerian Army (NA) with a minimum of 6 years experience in chaplaincy work and must be vetted and recommended by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Protestant).
- Applicants must provide proof of Ordination, attestation and certification by an ordained Bishop.
f) Directorate Of Chaplain Services(Roman Catholic)
- Applicants must be Ordained Catholic Priests from a Roman Catholic approved seminary, affiliated to a National Universities Commission accredited University or Urbanian University, Rome.
- You should possess a minimum of Bachelor of Arts (Second Class Lower) degree in Philosophy or Theology.
- Applicants must have good standing in the church and be released by a Diocesan Bishop with a proof of ordination.
- Applicants must be vetted and recommended by the NA Directorate of Chaplain Services (Roman Catholic).
Condition For Service For Nigerian Army DSSC
The DSSC will be granted for a total of 15 years, for an initial period of 8 years, renewable yearly for another period of 7 years. Direct Regular Commission (DRC) may be granted on conversion after 3 years as a commissioned officer. Other Service conditions include the following:
- The DSSC officers shall be on probation for the first 3 years of service.
- Conversion to DRC is not automatic but based on application by an eligible commissioned officer. It is however based on availability of vacancy and other criteria that are or will be in force from time to time.
- All graduating officer cadets must sign an acceptance of the terms and conditions governing the DSSC before they are granted commission into the NA.
- The reckonable period of service for civilians who become commissioned officers will be based on the date of commencement of cadet training while that of military personnel applicants would be date of enlistment.
- Medical Consultants on successful completion of military training shall be granted the rank of Major with seniority effective from date of commission.
- Officer cadets who successfully complete the military training shall be granted the rank of Lieutenant (except for medical consultants who will be commissioned as Majors) with seniority effective from date of commission.
All You Need To Know About RRI and DSSC Recruitment
- Bring with you copies of the Application Form and guarantor forms to the designated state recruitment centers.
- Candidates are to note that there will be no Pre-Selection Computer Based Test.
- No special center for recruitment.
- There will be no Zonal Screening Exercise.
- All screening of potential recruits will be conducted at the candidates’ respective state of origin.
- Candidates are not to bring electronic or recording devices to the venue of the State Recruitment Exercise.
- Candidates are also expected to adhere to COVID-19 protocols which include regular washing of hands, use of face mask, and observing physical distance.
- Any candidate who falsifies or forges his/her results and is discovered even during training at Depot NA would be withdrawn from training.
- Candidates are advised to come with their BVN printout.
- Candidates are advised in their own interest not to give any form of gratification or inducement to any person or group of persons to assist them in the recruitment exercise.
- You are advised to carefully read the instruction on the website.
- Multiple application will lead to automatic disqualification
Was this article helpful? Do you have any questions or suggestions? Please leave a comment in the comment section and keep following Recruitgist.Com for all vacancies in Nigeria and the globe.