The Government of Delta State has directed the State Bursary and Scholarship Board to commence the issuance of grants to students of Delta State Origin. See how to apply.
On this note, the Delta State Bursary and Scholarship Board hereby call on students in public and private Tertiary Institutions to apply for the 2023/2024 Student’s Special Assistance Scheme.
You are welcome to the online portal for the Students Special Assistance Scheme (SSAS) also known as the Bursary Award Programme. The SSAS was introduced and approved in 2004 by the State Government to replace the popular bursary regime.
Brief Description Of The Delta State Scholarship and Bursary Scheme
The Board was established in August 2013 by the Department of Higher Education in the then Ministry of Education with a clear mandate to be a leader in support of the pursuits of academic excellence and to make bursary and scholarship easy and readily accessible to all our students across the globe using modern technologies in the delivery of our services. The policy thrust of the Board has been to find better ways and means of improving and fast-tracking the activities of the Board to deliver on its mandate and one of such ways is to better the process of delivering bursaries to our students.
|Organization||Delta State Bursary and Scholarship Board|
|Country to study||Nigeria|
|Course to study||Not specified|
|State of Origin||Delta|
|Gender||Male and Female|
|Application Deadline||February 17, 2023|
Requirements To Qualify For The Delta State Bursary and Scholarship Award
Below are the requirements for Delta State Bursary and Scholarship Scheme:
- You must be an indigene of Delta State.
- Must have a National Identification Number (NIN).
- Must have registered full time students of only Government approved private and public Tertiary Institutions (PGD, Masters and PHD Students are NOT eligible).
- Be in second year (200 and above) in the Universities, NDII/HNDII in the Polytechnics/Monotechnic and NCE II-III in the colleges of Education.
- Must have CGPA of 2.20 and above in the previous academic year’s examination.
- Must have an active Account with a Bank.
- Applicant must indicate their level/year, and their department/course of study.
How To Apply For The Scholarship Scheme
Interested and qualified applicants should Go to Delta State Bursary and Scholarship Board on www.dsbsb.dl.gov.ng to apply
Applicants who want to apply for the 2023/2024 Student’s Special Assistance Scheme (Bursary Award) are to follow the steps outlined below;
- Click on the above link and follow the instructions.
- Have a valid Email address.
- Fill out the Fresh Application form correctly.
- Crosscheck for mistakes and click signup to create account.
- You will be charged Eight Hundred Naira (800.00) non-refundable online processing fee using debit cards.
- Proceed to check your email and click on the link sent to your inbox to continue your application.
- Once the Payment is successful, Login to your profile page to complete your details by providing your Bank details and your Academics details.
- The online acknowledgement card should be downloaded and printed for your personal record.
Deadline For Application
February 17, 2023.
Was this post helpful? Do you have any question or suggestion? Please leave a comment on the comment section below and subscribe to be getting updates about new scholarship from recruitgist.com.